Below are Department of Corrections (DOC) policies that apply to visiting with inmates and/or visits to DOC facilities and offices.
- DOC Policy 100.560 Non-Discrimination & Accessibility for Visitors/Guests with Disabilities
- DOC Policy 420.340 Searching and Detaining Facility Visitors
- DOC Policy 450.300 Visits for Incarcerated Individuals
- DOC Policy 590.100 Extended Family Visiting
Work Release Visits
- DOC Policy 450.310 Visits & Social Outings for Work Release Offenders
- DOC Policy 150.100 Public Information and Media Relations
- DOC Policy 150.150 Visits & Tours of Department Facilities & Offices
- DOC Policy 200.200 Offender Betterman Fund (OBF)
States some revenue for the OBF is drawn from video visiting service commission, and is authorized to be spent on such things as Extended Family Visit (EFV) program expenditures, family centered activities, visiting area supplies, and visiting area furniture.
- DOC Policy 450.050 Prohibited Contact
Concerning contact restrictions between inmates and specific individuals or classes of individuals.
- DOC Policy 850.030 Relationships/Contacts with Offenders
Concerning interactions between inmates and their families, and employees, contract staff and volunteers.
Below are Department of Corrections (DOC) forms for visiting that may be applicable. The Department only accepts Electronic Visit Applications for prison visits at this time.
Please see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for more information about visitor applications.
- DOC 20-060 Visitor Application
- DOC 20-181 Minor Visitor Application
- DOC 20-182 Government Designated Escort Application
In addition to completing a visitor's application, some prison visits require additional forms to be completed:
- DOC 16-102 Visitor Medication Questionnaire (English)
Required if you are bringing life-sustaining medication for yourself, or a minor, on an Extended Family Visit (EFV).
- DOC 20-438 Approval for Visitation with Multiple Offenders (English)
- DOC 21-415 Extended Family Visiting Visitor Acknowledgement (English)
- DOC Form 20-441 Parent/Guardian Approval for Minor Visitor Escort (English)
Notarized, written permission from a non-incarcerated parent or legal guardian allowing an adult to escort/accompany a minor on a visit with an inmate.
- DOC 20-450 Approval for Visits by Current⁄Former Employee, Contract Staff, or Volunteer
- DOC Form 21-575 Acknowledgement of Visitor Search Requirements
This form is not currently available online. You will be asked to complete this upon your arrival.
- DOC 21-787 Special Visit Request (English)
Special visits may be permitted per DOC Policy 450.300 Visits for Incarcerated Individuals for persons traveling long distances, hos--pitalized offenders, and professional visitors.
Work Release Visits
Please see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for more information about visiting work release facilities.
- DOC 05-370 Request for Criminal History Record Information
- DOC 20-169 Work Release Visitor & Sponsor Application (English)
- DOC 80-084 Social Outing Request & Responsibiliities
This form is not available online. Inmate must obtain this form from their assigned Community Corrections Officer (CCO) to apply for an approved social outing while on work release. See DOC Policy 450.310 for detailed information.
State Laws & Regulations
Revised Code of Washington (RCW)
- RCW 9.73.095 Intercepting, recording, or divulging offender conversations – Conditions – Notice.
Regarding the Department's authorization to monitor, record and intercept inmate telephone calls.
- RCW 9.94A.030 Definitions.
Definitions for RCW 9.94A Sentencing Reform Act of 1981 as pertaining to verbiage in DOC Policy 590.100
- RCW 9.94.043 Deadly weapons – Possession on premises by person not a prisoner – Penalty
RCW 9.94.045 Narcotic drugs or controlled substances – Possession by person not a prisoner – Penalty
Regarding visitors in possession of contraband on the premises of a state correctional institution.
- RCW 10.99.020 Definitions.
Definitions for RCW 10.99 Domestic Violence–Official Response as pertaining to verbiage in DOC Policy 590.100.
- RCW 26.50.101 Definitions.
Definitions for RCW 20.50 Domestic Violence Prevention as pertaining to verbiage in DOC Policy 590.100.
- RCW 43.88.195 Establishment of accounts or funds outside treasury without permission of director of financial management prohibited
The Offender Betterment Fund (OBF) has been established in accordance with RCW 43.88.195.
- RCW 72.02 Department of Corrections
- RCW 72.02.280 Motion pictures.
Regarding movies/films that cannot be viewed during Extended Family Visits (EFV).
- RCW 72.09.015 Definitions.
Definitions for RCW 72.09 Department of Corrections as pertaining to verbiage in DOC Policy 590.100.
- RCW 72.09.470 Inmate contributions for cost of privileges – Standards
- RCW 72.09.490 Policy on Extended Family Visits
- RCW 72.09.650 Use of force by limited authority Washington peace officers – Detention of persons
Regarding the Department's authorization to search a person, including visitors, and confiscate contraband.
Washington Administrative Code (WAC)
- WAC 137-28 Discipline – Prisons
- WAC 137-25-030 Serious violations.
Specifies the 882 violation. (Per DOC Policy 450.200, an inmate's IPIN will be blocked if he/she is found guilty of the 882 violation.)
- WAC 137-28-350 Sanctions – Authority to impose.
Section 3.j of WAC 137-28-350 pertains to visitation.
- WAC 137-48 Inmate Mail and Communications
- WAC 137-48-080 Telephone usage.
Specifies the provisions and usage of inmate telephones.
- WAC 137-54 Inmate Marriages – Adult Correctional Facilities
As pertains to DOC Policy 590.100.
Below are Department of Corrections (DOC) publications that apply to Visitation.
Phone System Vendor
- Rates & Fees
- Help & Contact
- ConnectNetwork Services
- Receiving Calls
- Prepaid AdvancePay Calls
- Prepaid PIN Debit Calls