Skip to main content

Contact Family Services

See the main Contact Us webpage for other Department contacts.

Office Hours

Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Physical & Mailing Address

Headquarters (HQ)

Statewide Family Services

Carrie Kendig , Family Services Program Manager (253) 680-2617
Beatrice Giron , Program Specialist
Children of Incarcerated Parents and Spanish Speakers Liaison
(253) 680-2626

Family Service Specialists

Michael Eby , NW Region Program Specialist
Prisons: CBCC, MCCCW, OCC, WCC | Work Release: Bishop Lewis, Helen B. Ratcliff, Madison Inn, Progress House, Rap House & Lincoln Park, Reynolds
(360) 725-8761
Caroline Melhuish , SW Region Program Specialist
Prisons: CCCC, LCC, SCCC, WCCW | Work Release: Clark County, Longview, Olympia
(360) 571-4373
William "Bill" Copland , SE Region Program Specialist
Prisons: CRCC, WSP, Yakima Women's Overpopulation | Work Release: Ahtanum View, Peninsula
(509) 734-5676
Gheorghe Turcin , NE Region Program Specialist
Prisons: AHCC, MCC | Work Release: Bellingham, Brownstone, Eleanor Chase House, Snohomish
(509) 324-8357

Statewide Family Council Program

Belinda Stewart , Correctional Program Administrator (360) 725-8821

Local Family Council Representatives

Representatives listed below are family members of inmates whom have been elected to a Local Family Council (LFC) officer position (Family Chair or Family Secretary) by majority vote. See the Regional Liaisons for DOC contacts for each prison facility.

Airway Heights Corrections Center (AHCC) Debra Comeslast
Cedar Creek Corrections Center (CCCC) Melody Simile
Clallam Bay Corrections Center (CBCC) Carrie Hagins
Coyote Ridge Corrections Center (CRCC) Morna Gilbert
Larch Corrections Center (LCC) Caroline Melhuish
Mission Creek Corrections Center for Women (MCCCW) Mike Eby
Monroe Corrections Center (MCC) Gheorghe Turcin
Olympia Corrections Center (OCC) Mike Eby
Stafford Creek Corrections Center (SCCC) Verna Westman
Washington Corrections Center (WCC) Mike Eby
Washington Corrections Center for Women (WCCW) Lethaniel Ray
Washington State Penitentiary (WSP) Dean Dubinsky

Other Government Resources

Below are a few contact resources from other Washington State government agencies that may be relevant and/or helpful.

Department of Social & Health Services (DSHS)
General Information/Ask DSHS (800) 737-0617
Alcohol/Drug Use & Mental Health (877) 301-4557
Child Support/Support Enforcement (800) 457-6202
Community Services
Benefits, childcare, housing needs, etc. Replace lost or stolen Quest/EBT card: (888) 328-9271
(877) 501-2233
Report Abuse & Neglect (Child/Vulnerable Adult) (866) 363-4276
Health Care Authority (HCA)
Apple Health (Medicaid) (800) 562-3022

Family Help Line

A statewide, toll-free telephone line offered by the Parent Trust for Washington Children (PTWC) non-profit organization. Parenting coaches are available Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., to give individualized support, information and referrals, parenting education and techniques, and assistance with stress reduction and advocacy.

Family Help Line (800) 932-HOPE (4673)
You will hear a brief instruction message. Press "2" if you would like to speak with or leave a message with a parenting coach, or press "4" if you like to access the parent information line.