Health & Spiritual Wellness
The Department of Corrections (DOC) is committed to cultivating and supporting an environment that promotes inmate health and wellbeing by providing basic health care and healthy meals, religious and cultural opportunities, and recreation programs that allow inmates to participate in supervised and structured physical and prosocial activities.
Below are Department of Corrections (DOC) policies that apply to Health & Spiritual Wellness.
- DOC Policy 500.000 Education & Vocational Programs for Offenders
- DOC Policy 560.200 Religious Programs
- DOC Policy 590.200 Offender Marriages & State Registered Domestic Partnerships
Below are Department of Corrections (DOC) forms that apply to and/or relate to the Public Records Act.
- DOC 20-213 Marriage/State Registered Domestic Partnership Application for Intended Spouse/State Registered Domestic Partner Use (English)
Laws & Regulations
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Religious Land Use & Institutionalized Persons Act (RLUIPA)
- United States Constitution (Articles I and II; 1st and 14th Amendments)
Revised Code of Washington (RCW)
- RCW 9.94A.690 Work ethic camp program & Eligibility & Sentencing.
Regarding an inmate's eligibility to be sentenced to work ethic camp (DOC Policy 790.100). Other applicable RCW's regarding inmate eligibility include:
- RCW 26.04 Marriage
As applicable to inmate marriage applications.
- RCW 26.60 State Registered Domestic Partnerships
As applicable to inmate state registered domestic partnership applications.
- RCW 72.01 Administration
As applicable to institutional chaplains, outside ministers, etc.
Washington Administrative Code (WAC)
- WAC 137-28 Discipline – Prisons
As pertains to religious exceptions to violation sanctions.
- WAC 137-54-030 Superintendent's procedures
As pertains a facility superintendent's responsibilities in regards to inmate marriages.
- WAC 137-54-040 Marriage ceremony
- WAC 137-80 Correctional Industries & Programs
Below are Department of Corrections (DOC) publications that apply to Health & Spiritual Wellness.
Handbooks & Guides
- Correctional Industries Research Brief: Washington State's CI Outcome Evaluation, December 2015 (WSU)