Below are Department of Corrections (DOC) policies that apply to Capital Planning & Development.
- DOC 270.000 Critical Areas Protection
- DOC 270.010 Coordination of the State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA)
- DOC 270.050 Art in Public Places
- DOC 650.080 Pharmaceutical Management
- DOC 700.130 Electrical Construction and Maintenance
- DOC 890.000 Safety Program
- DOC 890.030 Container and Hazardous Waste Material Management
- DOC 890.095 Asbestos Program
- DOC 890.110 Fall Protection Program
Laws & Regulations
Revised Code of Washington (RCW)
RCW 19.28 Electricians and Electrical Installations
Provisions applicable to electrical installations as pertaining to verbiage in DOC Policy 700.130.
RCW 36.70A Growth Management – Planning By Selected Counties and Cities
Definitions for RCW 36.70A as pertaining to verbiage in DOC Policy 270.000.
RCW 43.17.200 Allocation of moneys for acquisition of works of art – Expenditure by arts commission—Conditions.
Regarding the allocation of money for acquisition of works of art by the Washington State Arts Commission for the original construction of any public building as pertaining to verbiage in DOC Policy 270.050..
RCW 43.19.450 Supervisor of engineering and architecture–Qualifications–Appointment–Powers and duties–Delegation of authority–"State facilities" defined.
Regarding the eligibility requirements for appointment as a supervisor of engineering and architecture, including the duties of the director or the director's designee. Also includes the definition of "state facilities."
RCW 43.46.090 Commission as reflecting state's responsibility – Acquisition of works of art for public buildings and lands – Visual arts program established.
Regarding the legislature declaring it to be a policy of this state that a portion of appropriations for capital expenditures be set aside for the acquisition of works of art to be placed in public buildings or lands as pertaining to verbiage in DOC Policy 270.050.
RCW 49.17 Washington Industrial Safety and Health Act
Definitions for RCW 49.17 as pertaining to verbiage in DOC Policy 700.130.
Washington Administrative Code (WAC)
WAC 296-45 Electric Power Generation, Transmission, and Distribution
Definitions for WAC 296-45 as pertaining to verbiage in DOC Policy 700.130.
WAC 296-46B Electrical Safety Standards, Administration, and Installation
Definitions for WAC 296-46B as pertaining to verbiage in DOC Policy 700.130.
WAC 296-155-015 Definitions applicable to all sections of this chapter.
Definitions for WAC 296-155-015 as pertaining to verbiage in DOC Policy 890.095.
Facility Aerial Photographs
Terms & Definitions
- I & I — Infiltration and Inflow
- Information Technology (IT) Standards — The Washington State Department of Corrections has established IT Standards that affect most telephone, data, and low–voltage systems. They are referred to as the Telecommunication Distribution Infrastructure Standards.
- LEED — Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design
- MACC — Maximum Allowable Construction Cost
- RCDD — Registered Communication Distribution Designer
- Sustainability — All new occupied buildings over 5,000 sq. ft. and all renovations where the value is greater than 50 percent of the entire building, are to meet LEED™ Silver criteria.
OFM Major Project Reports
Twice a year – in June and December – Capital Planning & Development provides reports on projects over $5 million to the Office of Financial Management (OFM) . In compliance with Section 7004 of Second Engrossed House Bill 1115 , below please find the June 2017, Major Project Reports for the following Department of Corrections capital projects:
- Airway Heights Corrections Center — Security Electronics Renovation (30000726) – Final Close-out Report
- Clallam Bay Corrections Center — Security/Video Systems (30000800)
- Monroe Correctional Complex — Security/Video Systems (30000795)
- Monroe Correctional Complex — Close Sewer Lagoon (20082022) – Final Close-out Report
- Maple Lane Corrections Center — Prison Capacity Expansion (30001105)
- Washington Corrections Center — Security/Video Systems (30000791)
- Washington State Penitentiary — Program Building (30001101)
- American Correctional Association Standards (ACA) for Adult Correctional Institutions
- Department of Corrections
- Department of Enterprise Services (www.des.wa.gov )
- Office of Financial Management (www.ofm.wa.gov )
- Office of Minority and Women’s Business Enterprises (OMWBE)
- Supplemental Conditions to the Conditions of Agreement
- Telecommunication Distribution Infrastructure Standards